For the past few years, Regions Bank (Regions) has been regularly offering bonuses to new checking customers when opening any LifeGreen Checking account. The last time I wrote about this bonus it was $300, but this latest version is a $200 bonus.
$200 Bonus Requirements
- Open any personal LifeGreen Checking Account by September 30, 2017, online using Promo Code 200D17Q3, or in person using a personalized voucher that will be sent via email.
- Make 10 Purchases with Regions Visa CheckCard within first 60 days of account opening.
- Have $500 or more in qualifying ACH direct deposits (i.e., payroll or government payment) within 60 days of account opening.
- Receive a $200 credit to your new LifeGreen Checking Account within 120 days of completing the above.
- Offer is non-transferable and only available to the person who has registered. “To receive this offer, your email address in Regions' system at the time of fulfillment must match the one used to register for this offer and open your new account.” In other words, your mother can’t use a voucher is sent to your email address.
- Only valid for those who do not have or did not have a Regions’ checking account on or after July 1, 2016.
- Only applies to personal LifeGreen checking accounts.
- New LifeGreen checking account must be open at the time the credit is issued.
- There is a $25 termination fee if the LifeGreen checking account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Regions Bank offers six different LifeGreen checking accounts: LifeGreen Checking, LifeGreen eAccess Account, LifeGreen Simple Checking, LifeGreen Preferred Checking, 62+ LifeGreen Checking, and LifeGreen Checking for Students.
Opening any LifeGreen Checking account requires a $50 minimum deposit. The monthly fees can be waived, but each LifeGreen Checking account has a different requirement, including maintaining an average monthly balance is maintained, at least one payroll or government Direct Deposit of at least $500 per statement, or a minimum of ten CheckCard purchases. Please refer to Regions Bank's Compare Checking Accounts page to determine which account would be best for you.
In addition to the LifeGreen Checking, Regions Bank also offer LifeGreen Savings, which is an automated savings plan directly linked to a companion LifeGreen Checking. A LifeGreen Savings can be opened with a minimum $50 deposit and can earn up to $100 with the 1% annual savings bonus. (A monthly automatic transfer of at least $10 from a LifeGreen Checking to the LifeGreen Savings for 12 months is required to earn the 1% annual savings bonus.) There is no monthly fee associated with this savings account. The interest rate on LifeGreen Savings may vary by state, but currently it is 0.01% APY in all states.
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Regions Bank’s market area includes Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
In the past, the LifeGreen Checking bonus was only available in specific metropolitan areas, but this latest bonus is available to all residents within the market area.
Regions Bank has an overall health grade of "A" at EpBooks.us, with a Texas ratio of 7.15% (excellent), based on March 31, 2017 data. In the past year, Regions Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $1.69 billion, an above average annual growth rate of 1.77%. Please refer to our financial overview of Regions Bank (FDIC Certificate #12368) for more details.
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Regions Bank is the largest bank in the state and one of the largest banks in the southeastern United States, with assets in excess of $123 billion. Regions Bank was originally established in 1928 as the Exchange-Security Bank, and subsequently changed its name to First Alabama Bank of Birmingham in 1975. After a series of acquisitions and mergers, the Bank expanded its operations to cover the majority of the Southeastern United States, with more than 1,400 branches in 16 states, stretching from Iowa to Florida. In 1994, the name was changed to Regions Bank in order to reflect their expanding operational presence.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Regions Bank’s LifeGreen Checking bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, EpBooks.us readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.